Information about Taste of Malawi e.V. according to the voluntary commitment of the Transparent Civil Society Initiative.
1. Name, registered office, address and year of foundation
- Name, registered office and address can be found in the imprint.
- The year of foundation is 2014.
2. Complete constitution and details of the objectives of our organisation
- To Statutes
- Aim: “The aim is to support women in Malawi. The project provides tailoring training and business workshops that enable women to start their own businesses. In doing so, the participants can not only gain financial independence. They can be creative, develop their own ideas as well as pursue their personal goals. In addition to supporting women and promoting gender equality, the project focuses on the production of slow fashion. This area is characterised by fair working conditions, adequate payment and the use of high-quality fabrics.”
3. Tax benefit information
Our work is eligible for tax relief on the basis of development cooperation funding under the notice of non-liability for tax from the Freiburg-Stadt tax office (tax number 06470/120782) dated 06.02.2019 pursuant to Section 5 (1) No. 9 of the Corporation Tax Act from corporation tax and pursuant to Section 3 No. 6 of the Trade Tax Act from trade tax.
4. Name and function of key decision-makers
- Jana Piske (Chairperson)
- Konstantin Balthes (Vice-Chairperson)
- Jonas Casper (Treasurer)
5. Activity report
Last year’s activity report can be downloaded here.
6. Staff structure
(as of 05 January 2020)
- 19 volunteers on the European side
- 7 permanent staff on the Malawian side
- 2 international volunteers on the Malawian side (min. 3 months stay)
- 15 apprenticeships
7. Information on the source of funds
See funding report.
8. Information on the use of funds
See funding report.
9. Corporate relationship with third parties
10. Names of legal entities whose annual payments represent more than 10% of the total annual budget
- 2016: Stiftung Brücke
- 2017: Katholische Frauengemeinde Herrenshoff
- 2018/2019: Association of Catholic parishes in the deanery of Warendorf (collected individual donations at a concert – transferred in 2019)
- 2019/2020: Schmitz Stiftungen Small project funding
- Seit 2019: MyLili GmbH Purchase of period bags and donations
More information on the Transparent Civil Society Initiative is available here.